Community Supported Agriculture
Central New York's Community Supported Farm
Community-supported agriculture has continued to increase in popularity and success since it’s beginnings in the 1960s. People the world over, concerned with the loss of farm land, the disappearance of small farms and the increasing industrialization of their food supply have gotten involved in the management, labor and production at their local farms.
What is Community Supported Agriculture?
- A CSA project allows farmers to deal directly with consumers, strengthening their local economy and the regional food supply. In a sense, it's as easy as cutting out the middle man.
- While some CSAs concentrate on specific communities, growing crops not widely available in the broader market, most CSAs concentrate on providing higher quality food than can be bought from mass-market distributors.
- That can mean gourmet, high-end exclusive produce, or it can just mean quality like you remember. No more frozen, warehoused vegetables and fruits and hormone pumped meats.
- CSA Members purchase shares prior to the growing season and share some of the risk of a bad harvest, while reducing the risk for smaller local farmers. That's a big deal for your local farmers.
By purchasing a share of our own CSA production, you, the customer, allow the farm to build a predictable market for our meats, vegetables, and pasta products and to ensure that you have access to our limited production capacity of fresh, healthy, and unique products. When you become a customer and a CSA member, we work on your behalf as your ranchers and farmers, providing you with the highest quality, all-natural healthy meats, vegetables, and pasta products. It's a little simpler than running a big community garden, but the benefits are very similar.
By joining the CSA, you’re entitled to weekly delivery of fresh produce, and more.
We welcome CSA Members from anywhere in NY, NJ, PA, MA, VT, NH RI, because those are the states we can safely ship to!
Here’s what you get with your CSA membership:
- Weekly and monthly production pickup at the ranch or a shipment to your home or office, featuring a choice selection of seasonal farm and ranch products and prepared meals from our certified commercial kitchen.
Produce shipments include:
- Grass-fed Piedmontese beef
- Free range chicken and Turkeys
- Spanish goat
- Berkshire pork
- Fair-trade coffee
- Sustainably produced eggs
- Artisan cheeses, and much more
Pick-your-own options include nuts, berries, tomatoes, flowers, herbs and seasonal surplus items.
You’ll also be welcome at member picnics and workshops that happen year round and…
- Regular newsletters with recipes, information, harvest results and more
- 20% off your B&B Guest House Stay, whenever you want to come and stay!